Saturday 10 August 2013

Update time!

I haven't been very active on the internet recently, so I figured I needed to do an update on the hams!

Darla -- my old boy is doing well. He's getting a bit bald on his legs in his old age, but he is 2 years old in October so I guess he is allowed! He's back in his old bin cage (the 62 litre bin from Wilkos), due to issues with my other boys I'll mention later.

He was feeling rather shy when I was taking photos!



Annie is being her usual menace. I've given up trying to get her to stop spider-ham-ing across the top of her zoozone 2, because it just meant she ended up in a cage devoid of toys and wanted to get out more. She's still crazy about exploring everywhere!

It's the fact that she's still acting the same that I haven't taken her to the vet yet, because she's starting to lose fur on her hips. She's not much over a year old if P@H are to be believed about her age, and I thought at first it might be related to the heatwave we had recently in the UK. I've been giving her extra vitamins in her water, she's not scratching so I don't believe it's mites, and like I said she's acting the same in herself, acting like there's nothing wrong. It's only getting worse though, so I figure I'll see if they have anything to say about it.

You can see her fur loss in this picture:



And some more of her cheeky face:







And then there is Winter and Rocco, my darling boys. Unfortunately they're not quite so angelic together any more! They'd been scrapping a bit, trying their dominance against each other, and I tried to keep them together but I knew it was time to separate them when Winter bit Rocco on the bum hard enough to bleed. Winter seems to be coping fine with being alone, but Rocco has been quite skittish since the separation, which is a shame because he was the friendliest Robo out of my three before.

Here's the last picture I took of them together:



Winter is still in the Ferplast Mary they shared, as he got more confident in a barred cage.



And Rocco is back in the zoozone 1 that they came to me in, that I gave to Darla when I moved the boys to the Ferplast Mary. He loves to dig, and there is more space for deep substrate in the ZZ1 than there is in the bin, hence why Darla got moved back to the bin.

No comments:

Post a Comment